Thursday, April 27, 2017

Nauvoo Field Trip Reflection

My favorite part was the Family Living Center! In the Family Living Center we made rope, carded wool, learned about candle making and ate bread made in a brick oven. Another favorite of mine was the wagon tours! They showed us all of the historic homes in Old Nauvoo, and some of them were made with brick, but most homes were made with logs. Something I learned about how pioneers lived in the 1840's is that instead of refrigerators they would bury their food underground to keep it cool. Something I learned about why the Mormons moved West is because their leader was killed and they wanted to escape religious prosecution because conflicts started to arise. If I had to choose one thing to learn more about, I would choose to learn more about why the Mormons left, and what they left behind.

7 comments:

  1. I liked the wagons too great reflections

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really like all the detail you put into this. I also agree with the Family Living Center! It was fun.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The bread was so good I also liked to see those things.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I enjoy the Family Living Center too because I like the hands-on activities. I actually found the cooper station the most interesting because it's something I really knew nothing about.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I think it is cool how they used the ground instead of refrigerators!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I also think its interesting how they buried their food. I wonder if they added snow or ice their too! I like how descriptive your post is!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I also enjoyed watching how the bread was made! I can't believe they covered it in hot ashes!

    ReplyDelete